Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Healthy Banana Bread!!

I don't know about you but I love a nice, warm piece of banana bread. Unfortunately, traditional banana bread can be full of sugar and just unhealthy! So I decided to attempt making my own healthy version of banana bread. I'm happy to say that it turned out to be quite delicious and was boyfriend approved!


Anyways, here's the recipe!

Healthy Banana Bread

Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp flax seed meal
6 tbsp water
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3-4 large bananas)
1/4 cup stevia
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup walnuts or chocolate chips or carob chips

-Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with organic non-stick spray.

-Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing bowl. 

-Put the water in a small bowl and add flax seed meal. Let stand for 2 minutes. This makes an egg substitute. 

-After that, put the flax seed/water mixture, bananas, stevia, sugar, and olive oil into a medium mixing bowl. Mix together until all ingredients are combined.

-Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is combined. It will be a little lumpy, which is what you want! 

-Fold in the nuts or chips and then fill the loaf pan halfway.

-Bake for 40 minutes.
*I had enough batter left to make a half loaf that I only baked for 30 minutes.

Hope you enjoy the banana bread! Please let me know if you can think of any recipe makeovers you want me to attempt or how your banana bread turned out!

xo Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive