Monday, March 17, 2014

Homemade Clif Bars





Today I"m going to share with you how to make homemade Clif bars. I must admit that the original recipe was not my idea, which can be found here.

Here's how mine turned out!


They were really easy to make, but I would suggest making more of the peanut butter/honey mixture so the bars can stay glued together. They're all gone now and were boyfriend approved! I definitely should have doubled the recipe! I also add some brown rice protein powder to the honey/pb mixture to give it a boost!

I also thought of a few flavoring combinations:

-Use macadamia nuts and coconut for a tropical bar
-Add shredded carrot mixed with raisins and drizzle with yogurt for a carrot cake bar
-Dried blueberries and walnuts would be great for a blueberry muffin bar

Hope you all enjoyed this post! Do you have any go-to homemade healthy snacks?

xo Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive