Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Bibliophile

Hey all!

So I think I've mentioned before that I love reading, like love, love! So when Mike suggested a date to Sam Weller's bookstore I was super excited. For those of you not from Utah, Sam Weller's is a used bookstore that specializes in selling rare books. It's a warehouse type store with rows and rows of shelves. Since they specialize in rare books Mike and I like to play a little game to see who can find the oldest book whenever we go. Sometimes they have books from the 1700s!

So beautiful!


Don't these old books make you want to curl up by the fireplace with a good cup of tea and read?! And of course the store offers just that (ok so there's not a fireplace and I don't think drinks are allowed, but you get the idea). 


This map was from the 1700s and hand drawn. It could be yours for a mere $400.

Perusing the fiction section.

My selections. :)


We didn't have much time in the store since it was about to close. (This may have been a good thing or else I would have spent a lot more money). But we didn't feel rushed to get out of the store. The staff was very friendly and gave you space so you could look at the many shelves of books without being bothered. When I checked out the kind gentleman working the register said they host a party the first Friday of every month. They're usually about how to start collecting books from different genres. For more information you can go here.  

What have you been reading lately? I'm almost done with the fourth Harry Potter. After that I plan on reading Divergent!

xoxox
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive