Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Quarter Life Crisis

Ok, so maybe I'm not 25, but I feel like I have been experiencing a quarter life crisis lately. I've been feeling a little stuck. I'm tired of my job, but not sure what my next career move. I hardly see Mike because of our different work schedules. I'm sick of our apartment and want a house with a yard. We are possibly moving to a different state within the next year. I've been feeling frumpy and lumpy  from having a desk job and not fitting in workouts And I miss living with my dogs. I need to get out of this rut!

So to make this post not be so negative I'm going to share with you what I have been doing about this. I've decided to take action about the things I can change and just learn to accept the things I can't.

I know I have to stay at my job for a year (which will be in October!). So until then, I'm going to study to become a certified personal trainer to see if that's a career I would like to pursue. 

I can't really change Mike's schedule or my own so I'm trying to accept it more. I'm also making sure I do all the mundane stuff like laundry, dishes, and grocery shopping when he's gone. That way when we are together it's not wasted on silly things.

I'm going to start looking for a new place for us that allows dogs and has a yard! I make it a point to visit my dogs at least twice a week, so that will have to do for now.

Moving to a different state is still to be determined so no point in worrying about that now.

I'm really going to commit to the Tone It Up nutrition plan. With all the stuff that is going on I can't let my health slip to the wayside. I tend to eat crap when I get stressed and it's definitely taking it's toll. Which is killing me since I wanted to finally get in shape this year!

And lastly, I've been keeping myself distracted/busy with a lot of projects, which I will do a post about soon!

I already feel so much better now that I have a plan. If you're stuck in a rut I recommend examining what you can do about it. It will make you feel so much better!

Have you ever been stuck in a rut or dealt with a quarter life crisis?

-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive