Thursday, September 4, 2014

5 Tips for Caring for Yourself


If you are like me, you get so busy that you forget to make time for yourself. It seems like as I get older "me time" gets pushed aside more and more. This never turns out well because I end up being really cranky and resentful towards everyone! So I wanted to share with you what I have been doing lately to make sure I'm taking care of myself.

Exercise: I've been making time to workout 5 times a week, even if they are short. A good sweat session does wonders!

Journal: I've also been journaling more. It's really nice to just let my thoughts flow and get them out of my head. Vent, reflect, plan, write it all out! 

Do Things That Make You Happy: I've been knitting more. (I know I'm a grandma). I enjoy having a project to work on and enjoy it even more when I'm finished! It's so satisfying to have made something with my own two hands! Find your thing and do it!

Let Things Go: I've been trying to let things go and to not dwell on things that didn't go as planned. I used to get really mad at myself if I didn't workout every single day. But some days I'm just tired and want extra time with my loved ones. What I'm trying to say is be gentle with yourself. :)

Make Healthy Choices: I try to eat healthy most of the time so my body is fully nourished. I've suffered from bouts of insomnia for years, but when I eat healthy I sleep better. Try to find ways to improve you health. Start small and see all the amazing things that follow.

I hope these tips help you to take better care of and be kinder to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive