Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Future Personal Trainer in the Works!

I've toyed with the idea about being a personal trainer for awhile now, but a few weeks ago I finally bit the bullet and bought the study materials and test. I went through NASM as they seem to be the best resource for personal training. I've always enjoyed working out and now I'll get to learn how to put together workouts! The main reasons I decided to become a personal trainer is because it looks good on the application for the Master's dietetics program and I enjoy helping people. I also think it would be a great part time job to have while going to grad school.

I have until the middle of May to study and pass the test. It's been awhile since I've had to study something and take notes, but I'm honestly excited to be back at it. (Pretty nerdy, huh?) Deciding to study for this test is just one of the many changes I have ahead of me in the next few months. I'm quitting my job in January so I can go back to school and work part time. I have quite a few prerequisites to get out of the way before I can apply for grad school. I'd be lying to say that I'm not worried about if I'm making the right decision, but I won't ever know until I try. Anyways, that's enough rambling. I just thought I would share where I'm headed right now, and maybe inspire you to chase your dreams too.

-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive