Saturday, July 4, 2015

Catch up!

I'm baaaack!
I disappeared again. Life got a little hectic with school, work, and studying for personal training so I had to drop blogging just for my sanity. Anyways, I thought it would be fun to do a little update of what I've been up to since I've last posted!
First things first, I decided not to pursue personal training anymore. Not because I don't enjoy fitness and don't like the idea of helping people, but because I hated studying it. It felt like a chore and quickly became something I dread. I was getting so stressed out about falling behind with the study program that I started to develop anxiety and was losing sleep. So I stopped studying it, not because I'm a quitter, but because I realized my heart just wasn't into it. I still enjoy fitness and enjoy reading about different techniques, but I'd rather keep it as a hobby. It's important to learn to accept that your dreams may change and that that is okay.
In April I participated in the Salt Lake City Half Marathon. (I might do a post about that.) I say participated because I could hardly run. I got injured while I was training for the rest and have been dealing with that injury since! Yeesh! I overworked my hamstring which is causing tension on my knee. I've been going to physical therapy and doing exercises so hopefully I'll be good as new in a month or two.
I'm in my second semester of school. Still chugging away at all the prerequisites for the Master's of Nutrition program. It's going to be a long road, but I keep reminding myself of why I'm doing it.
I'm still working on the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge too. I think I've crossed off two more books on the list since I last posted about it. I've been getting back into reading more and it feels great!
Lastly, I'll be 25 at the end of this month! Say what?! My goal is to be in the best shape of my life by then! It's been quite the journey, every now and then my knee pain flares up so I have to take a break from most cardio exercises and lower body resistance training until it feels better, but I'm optimistic that I can make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive