Thursday, April 10, 2014

A Little Less Sugar and a Lot More Love

So as of Sunday I've been without white sugar. I've realized I use it as a tool to cope with stress. And when I decide to have a cookie, it's never just one cookie. It's usually 4 or 5! I'm not giving up sugar to lose weight or anything like that. I'm doing it so I can learn to be without it. Sometimes my sugar cravings would get so out of control that I would go on binges and ultimately be mad at myself. I want to end that cycle and learn to have a healthy relationship with sugar instead of a junkie/drug dealer relationship.

It's been a little difficult. Not because my cravings are out of control, but because sugar is in everything! I was going to have some toast the other morning and saw that sugar was the fourth ingredient in my bread! What? And not only is it in bread but it's in our "healthy" cereals and granola bars! It's crazy that it takes so much work to find truly healthy food. It seems like your best option is to make everything at home. I don't know about you but I don't always have time for that. So for now I'm just going to keep checking labels and hopefully find some snacks that don't have sugar in them. Have any of you been frustrated by the sugar overload in our food?


Ok so on to the love part. As you know I follow Tone It Up. One of the girls I've met through TIU kept raving about this book called May Cause Miracles. To the untrained eye it looks like a self-help book. And I guess to some extent it is, but it is also so much more. It's like a spiritual guidebook. The author Gabby Berstein is awesome! When you read it you don't feel like you're being lectured but that one of your really cool girlfriends is giving out helpful advice. The book is a 6 week plan to revamp your way of thinking so you can let love in and release fears. I'm not that far into it, but I can tell that I've been more postive and generally happier. So I think it's working! I would recommend checking it out! What do you have to lose?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive