Saturday, June 21, 2014

I Did It!!!!


Lucky number 785!
I ran my first half marathon last Saturday and did better than I thought I would! It took me 2 hours and 28 minutes! (It really would have been 2 hours 12 minutes if the potty line wasn't so long!) I'm super proud of myself for accomplishing this! As I've mentioned before, I'm really good at starting things but not so good at finishing them. So I'm so happy that I stuck with it, just typing this brings a smile to my face!

Almost there!
A quick little recap of the race:
3:40am: Jumped out of bed and had a quick breakfast and got dressed
4:00am: Drove to the shuttle point and met up with my friend Tori
4:40am: Road the bus 11 miles up the canyon that we would soon be running down
5:20-6:05am: Stood around in the freezing, and I mean freezing cold for an hour (I only had a tank and shorts on)
6:05am The race started and we were off!
6:25am: Mile 2 Tori pulled ahead of me
7:25am: Mile 8ish the potty break that took too long, dumb line
8:30am : Finished and was cheered by my family and Mike!
After the Race:
I caught up with Tori and found out she finished in just under 2 hours! Super proud of her! I went over to my dad's house afterward and rehydrated. Then I went home showered and Mike and I met my family for brunch. I ate everything on my plate, I was starving! I was pretty sore from running downhill so I took it easy for the next couple of days.



















Needless to say, it was a great experience and I'm so happy I did it! I definitely want to run another one, just not downhill. I think my knees have been punished enough for one lifetime! I've taken a week off running to fully recover, but I'm super excited to get back at it and work on my speed. I'll keep you posted on future races!

Me with Tori and my sister! Tori got 2 medals, one for finishing in less than 2 hours and a completion medal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive